Bethel is a Spirit filled nondenominational church that was birthed in 1943 in the home of J.M. and Vera Scott. Since then, Bethel has remained a firm house of God built on the rock of Jesus Christ. Under the leadership of Pastors Brandon and Michelle Couture, the services continue to be Spirit led, with the desire to reach every generation with the love of Jesus as we endeavor to love people and guide them into their God given purpose. We value worship, prayer, community, outreach, discipleship, and service.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
• The Bible is the inspired Word of God (2 Peter 1:21, 2 Timothy 3:16).
• The Trinity is: God the Father, God the Son, & God the Holy Spirit; all three
agree as one (Genesis 1:1-26, John 1:1-5, 1 John 3:7).
• Jesus The Christ: God gave His only begotten Son (Jesus) to come into the
world, to be born to a virgin, to live a perfect life, and to die, all to bear the sins
of the world (John 3:16, Matthew 1:18-25).
• Forgiveness of Sin: Comes through faith in Jesus Christ, and confessions and
repentance to God (1 John 1:9, Romans 5:1-2).
• Water Baptism: (by immersion) in the name of The Father, The Son, and The
Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19).
• The infilling of The Holy Spirit: Acts. 2:4 describes a definite experience from
God to all believers today who desire the baptism in The Holy Spirit. This is an experience and a gift (to be received), that is separate from Salvation and that is only available to the believer (John 14:16-17, Acts 1:4-5, Acts 2:1-4, Acts 8:14-17).
• Living a Holy, separated and sanctified life (Hebrews 12:14, 2 Corinthians 6:16-17).
• Healing is the Will of God every time: God has paid for and provided healing for the body as well as the soul, through the atonement made on Calvary (1 Peter 2:24, Isaiah 53:4-5, Mark 16:17-18, 3 John 2).
• God is choosing a Church for Himself (a spotless group of Christians from all denominations and nationalities). We should therefore recognize and fellowship with other Christians wherever we find them (1 Corinthians 12:13-14).
• We will all individually stand before God and give an account for the deeds done in our body (Revelations 20:12, 2 Corinthians 5:9-10).
• Hell: Those who do not accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior by believing in their heart and confessing with their mouth that He is Lord will spend eternity in Hell (Revelations 20:14-15).
• Heaven: Those who do accept Jesus as their Savior will spend eternity with Him in Heaven (Revelations 21:1-4).
• Tithes & Offerings: In obedience to the Word of God we believe bringing the Tithe or 10% of our increase to the Store House (The Church). We believe that it’s not ours to do with what we want, but that it’s God’s according to Malachi 3:8-12. We believe that our continued sustaining and our future blessing comes from our attitude and obedience in Tithes and Offerings (Leviticus 27:30-33, Malachi 3, 2 Corinthians 9:6-13).
At Bethel we highly value:
Worship is a Lifestyle
Saved People Seek God
Don’t Do Life Alone
Found People Find People
Growth is Priority
We’re Saved to Serve
Brandon & Michelle Couture
Brandon has been a long time resident of Magnolia AR while Michelle Couture was born and raised here. Magnolia is home to them and together they have a Heart for this community and its surrounding neighbors.
Their family is completed by the laughter and warmth of Peyton and Gracean, two young people who add an extra layer of joy to the Couture household.
While the Coutures dedicated impactful years to Youth Leadership, standing as beacons of guidance and support during the crucial adolescent years. Their mentorship cultivated a spirit of resilience, faith, and purpose among the youth, leaving an enduring legacy of young people seeking God.
But their story isn't confined to church walls; Their passion for Magnolia extends beyond pastoral duties, sparking a commitment to outreach programs, community events, and a genuine desire to make a positive impact on every corner of this beloved town.
As the Coutures step into the role of Lead Pastors at Bethel Church, their journey continues to unfold with a promise of love, leadership, and an unwavering dedication to the community they hold dear. Together, they stand as a testament to the power of faith, family, and a shared vision for a brighter, more connected Magnolia, AR.
Crystal & Mark Penick
Kevin & Mandy Belt
Crystal is passionate about Kid's ministry here at Bethel Church. She is not only our Kid's Pastor but owns a childcare center in Magnolia as well. Together her and her husband Mark, know that God has a plan for the kids, and they can know that plan even at this young age. They have 2 children themselves, Eli & Hannah.
Kevin and Mandy have such a great heart for college students. Their desire to see young adults draw closer to God is matched only by their passion to help them discover and step into their God given destiny. Kevin and Mandy have been married for 25 years and have three children.
River is homegrown right here in Magnolia. He graduated from Magnolia High school in 2023. He is currently enrolled at SAU and has plans to attend SAGU in Waxahachie TX. River has a heart for the Youth of Magnolia and surrounding areas. You can also catch River on Sunday mornings whaling on the electric guitar.